Thread: shoulder pain

shoulder pain

I have been visiting a chiropractor for many years on and off for pain relief of my shoulder. The manipulation works and keeps everything working really well, but when I start to get my pains back, I re-visit for more treatment.

It works out to be about twice a year that I visit, and its more for maintenance treatment. Going there has definitely reduced my dependency on strong pain killers.

Just thought I'd mention it, in case anyone was considering it.

I haven't had it, my doctor normally sends to for physio treatment. What is the difference between physio and chiropractic treatment?

The therapies have a lot in common, chiropractors tend to use their hands to manipulate joints. Physios use mobilisation techniques and exercise.

Both treat joints and musculoskeletal-skeletal problems.

Can chiropractic treatment, treat any type of shoulder pain? or just specific problems, like frozen shoulder?

My mum has frozen shoulder and has to have injections into the shoulder which is very painful, are there alternatives to this?