Thread: Cycling

Cycling

A quick post to highlight cycling as a form of exercise (I noticed the walking thread), cycling is an excellent exercise form of exercise and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

It is low impact, great for strength and stamina, easy to do, good for your heart health and has varying degrees of intensity according to your ability and ambition. These range from a leisurely cycle along country lanes to entering the Tour de Force (who knows, where it'll take you).

For those less adventurous outdoorsy people, there is also Spinning classes. (sorry, I've just realised the forum is 'The great outdoors')

Tom Here, I'm new here, so I thought I would add something to this section. Cycling is a great form of exercise and can be enjoyed in multiple ways, Are you aware of the National cycle paths Sustrans?

There are dedicated cycle paths all over the country and offer different levels for all abilities. Check the website out for some inspiration near you.

Blog Entries
    Have you heard about Bikepacking? It is said to be an exhilarating fusion of off road riding and minimalist wild camping. Click the image for more information
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  20.5 KB

Hey Louise,

This looks awesome, but I guess you have to be relatively fit to appreciate bikepacking.

Blog Entries

7 Reasons to get cycling.

1) You'll look younger- the increased circulation delivers oxygen and nutrients to the skin and helps flush out toxins through sweating.

2) Increases your brain power - Cycling helps build new brain cells in the hippocampus. The region responsible for memory.

3) Beat illness - moderate exercise can make immune cells more active.

4) Improves your sex life - physical activity improves your vascular health, which has a knock on effect of boosting your sex drive. Staying physically active can delay the menopause between 2 and 5 years, interestingly it can give man the sexual prowess of a man 2 to 5 years younger.

5) Regular cycling can cut your risk of heart disease by 50 percent.

6) Cycling at least 30 minutes daily can help reduce your risk of developing cancer by 50 percent, compared to those people who did not partake in exercise. Studies show women reduced their breast cancer risk by 34 percent.

7) cycling is great for overcoming mental blocks, and helps you make decisions with more clarity.

I think a lot of the benefits from cycling can be attributed to any exercise and fitness routine.