Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing a mask

Wearing a mask

I’m confused is wearing a mask beneficial or not?

The World Health Organisation strongly stood on the side that there was no benefit to wearing a mask unless you had symptoms. Now, it seems that everyone should wear a mask as they can prevent you from getting Covid-19.

Please enlighten me, someone!

Well, a few weeks ago it wasn't beneficial, now they are sitting on the fence and next week it will be 100% beneficial and mandatory to wear it everywhere!That is, of course until we start running out, then it won't be beneficial and it was 'only a guideline'

Looks like Boris is going to make it mandatory in confined spaces!

Why now? We have gone through lockdown without wearing one but now it’s compulsory in shops! Also at the start of this we were told not to wear one as it was of no benefit to the wearer only if you had Covid it would stop you from spreading it. Also there was a warning not to buy the masks leaving the NHS staff and carers short. Another thing is the amount of home made masks being sold that are made of thin cotton with no filter which are of no use whatsoever. Definitely a minefield of contradictions

Your absolutely right Joolz and weirdly, customers have to wear the masks in shops, but the shop assistants don’t need to wear them!

It smacks of not having a clue what they are doing!

It has been quite funny to see the various ways in which people wear their mask, chin straps, hair bands, earrings

I don’t believe in wearing a mask if it’s not used correctly, what’s the point?!!! I went to the shops yesterday and queued to get in then once inside it was packed with no social distancing at all so why bother queuing

Why don’t you believe in wearing a mask? Surely it’s better to use something rather than nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I don’t believe in wearing a mask if it’s not used correctly, what’s the point?!!! I went to the shops yesterday and queued to get in then once inside it was packed with no social distancing at all so why bother queuing
    Surely if you wear a mask you don't need to socially distance, otherwise what the point?

I get fed up seeing how people are discarding their masks, a seagull had to be cut free from someones face mask litter! what's wrong with people?