Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Various flower remedies

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Newcastle-under-lyme
    Posts
    51

    Various flower remedies

    Can anyone advise on what you can do with all the different types of flower remedies? I've seen them in Health shops and boots, but I don't know what I'm buying and how they can help me.

  2. #2
    The various remedies are linked to various personality traits or issues an individual may have. But the names of the flower essences does not relate to the problem. I know you can mix them up in a mixing bottle to get the right mixture for the individual.

    I know people who swear by them.

  3. #3
    Member sophie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    53
    I tried them, I had a questionnaire I had to fill in, and my answers determined the flower remedies I received.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    I tried them, I had a questionnaire I had to fill in, and my answers determined the flower remedies I received.
    Did they help and how long did you take them for?

  5. #5
    Member sophie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri23 View Post
    Did they help and how long did you take them for?
    They did seem to help, it's very subtle how they work, and it's not immediate. In fact you may even think this isn't working, but people around you notice the change in you, so I guess it must be working.

  6. #6
    There are 38 remedies, which were discovered between the 1920's and 1930's. Each remedy is linked to a basic human emotion. This means you can take the individual remedy or mix them up with others depending on your need.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Newcastle-under-lyme
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy2Two View Post
    There are 38 remedies, which were discovered between the 1920's and 1930's. Each remedy is linked to a basic human emotion. This means you can take the individual remedy or mix them up with others depending on your need.
    Thanks for the link, it seems fascinating stuff and when you consider it has been around for nearly 100 years, there must be something in it. What I am wondering is why is there a questionnaire, when the information is available to jo public via web sites such as your link?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Thanks for the link, it seems fascinating stuff and when you consider it has been around for nearly 100 years, there must be something in it. What I am wondering is why is there a questionnaire, when the information is available to jo public via web sites such as your link?
    Hi Tanya, the questionnaire is so that the patient dictates the remedy, without realising. If the practitioner were to presume the problems with the person, then the remedy may be inaccurate.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    Hi Tanya, the questionnaire is so that the patient dictates the remedy, without realising. If the practitioner were to presume the problems with the person, then the remedy may be inaccurate.

    What would make it inaccurate? If the practitioner did a review on the customer and they were found to be depressed or stressed, angry or frustrated, would it not be fair that the practitioner treat those outward signs?

    Sometimes people don't always recognise their own emotions.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    What would make it inaccurate?
    The practitioner would be putting their opinion of what that person is thinking or feeling. By doing so, there is a risk that you could suggest the wrong flower remedy. I wouldn't cause any harm, but it may not be beneficial to the individual.

    When people have a questionnaire to read and answer themselves they are more likely to fill it in accurately, whereas if the questions are verbally asked to them, they are more likely to tell you what they think you want to hear, or interpret the question incorrectly.

    Also people can present in many ways, so to consign a route cause to how someone is presenting is a risky business, it is always better to seek out the underlying emotions through a questionnaire.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the OrganicallyPure privacy policy




Flag Counter