Thread: Apricot Bars

Blog Entries

Apricot Bars

Apricot Bars

Apricot bars are the sweetest treat to pick you up during these last days of winter. They will satisfy even the most hard core sweet tooth, while offering you a wealth of health benefits.

They are sweetened by natural fruit sugars in their whole form, quick and easy to make and can be made to your exact liking or health need.

The basic recipe:

1 Cup of dried apricots

1/2 cup of medjool dates, pitted

1/2 cup of almonds

1/2 cup of coconut

Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend, Line a baking try with parchment paper and empty the contents into it, flattening out so it is about half an inch thick. Alternatively you can role the into balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes before cutting up into bars.
    Store in the fridge for up to a week, or in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.

This recipe can be altered slightly, by removing the coconut and adding more nuts, or oats and seeds. Powders could be added such as raw cacao, maca, spirulina, or matcha powder
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Wow these look so nice and I like the way the ingredients can be thrown in a bowl and flattened on a baking tray, my kind of food prep

Thank you for sharing this, I made them yesterday and they were so easy and tasted delicious