Thread: Overweight Brits visit Japan

Blog Entries

Overweight Brits visit Japan

It was recently documented in the press about a family of morbidly overweight Brits who visited Japan and became a laughing stock on the streets, with Japanese people staring and shouting names at the family.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I think it’s a series on TV, so the issue may have been sensationalist to get people to watch it. But it seems that the Japanese are just overweight, let alone obese or morbidly obese. I think the Brits can learn a lesson or two from them!

I think I red somewhere that the Japanese’s have a weigh in while at work! I’m not sure what happens if you put weight on.
    I remember they used to weigh everyone in school in the 1970’s I doubt they would be allowed to do that these days!

It’s embarrassing to see such levels of obesity, the people in the show are not just overweight, they are morbidly obese. It’s just not okay to be this fat, I think we make it too easy out of fear of being classed as fattest or some other label.

I won’t be watching the series, but I wonder how it made the overweight people feel? Surely they must feel so uncomfortable being stared out like they are freaks. I wonder if it’ll make them want to gain control over their bodies and health.