Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Depression? Help is at hand

  1. #1
    Senior Member Louise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    668
    Blog Entries
    12

    Depression? Help is at hand



    Depression

    Depression affects an estimated 350 million people around the world, and is the number one psychological disorder in the Western world. The incidence of depression has increased dramatically in the last decade, and this growth is seen most amongst teenagers.

    Depression is the leading cause of disability for both males and females, with an estimated one in twenty people reporting having an episode of depression within the last 12 months.

    This talk by Drew Ramsey at TEDx Talks may shed some light on the underlying causes of depression and what you can do to help yourself.

    Look out for our up-coming article on foods to help combat depression. In addition to these articles, there is a thread on depression under 'Health conditions' in the forums, join up to share your experiences, learn more and ask questions.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    France
    Posts
    68
    I do agree we eat too many processed foods and this can have an effect on the brain but he does point out that you should eat a balanced diet and that is not common with Vegan and plant based diets on the rise. He also states that your brain consumes 20% of what you eat that leaves 80% of a chemical imbalance that people with depression suffer from. Nice idea but don’t think this is a cure for depression

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    27
    An interesting concept, it would be wonderful if you could cure depression just by changing your diet instead of the doctors pushing antidepressants onto you that you then become hooked on!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the OrganicallyPure privacy policy




Flag Counter