Thread: Frankincense - Boswelia

Blog Entries

Frankincense - Boswelia

Name:  971DF094-636E-40C1-BADC-5E3F9CE4E003.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  21.5 KB

Frankincense
    Frankincense is a distilled resin from a small tree that grows wild in the countries of North East Africa, Oman and Yemen.

Key actions:
    Anti-inflammatory, astringent, uplifting and toning.

Benefits:
    Skin
    An excellent oil for improving skin tone and for treating ageing skin and wrinkles. Frankincense can also help to reduce scar tissue; the antiseptic and astringent properties help to close wounds and heal ulcers.

Nervous system
    Frankincense has both a calming and uplifting effect and helps to enhance concentration, which is why this precious oil is so commonly used in meditation. When used in a massage it helps to treat stress, anxiety and tension.

Coughs and colds
    Frankincense oil has a soothing effect on mucous membranes and can help relieve coughs, bronchitis and laryngitis when used in inhalations or a diffuser.

Usage:
    See 'Safe Use of Essential Oils' article

Bath, massage, inhalation, diffusion, skin lotion or toner.

Blends well with: Citrus oils, Spice oils, Basil, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Myrrh, Neroli, Pine, Sandalwood and Vetiver.

Safety:
    Safe in dilution.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I love the smell of frankincense, it always relaxes me and reminds me of my trips to Egypt. It’s amazing how smells can impact us and our emotions, I think this impact is very underestimated.

I have only ever thought of frankincense as something the Three Wise Men carried to Jesus! Where on Earth would you buy it?